Monday, February 7, 2011

Programming Wizards: using Kerpoof

Well...my first session was packed full of people so I am attending a session on using Kerpoof in the classroom. Kerpoof.com is a website that I have demonstrated to many of my teachers. Kerpoof allows you to do many things, but for this session the presenter is demonstrating how to use it to help the children understand programming using the movie feature. Devren Hobbs showed us a brief tutorial on using Kerpoof and then showed us how that correlates to computer programming. I don't know very much about programming but the idea that the very basics of programming can be taught to elementary children could be very useful. I like the idea that the teacher creates a simple movie and then gives the children a timeline to write out the actions that they witnessed.

Link to a Kerpoof Lesson Plan:  http://www.kerpoof.com/edu/plans/Programming_Wizards/Programming_Wizards.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment