Thursday, January 28, 2010

The New Apple ipad

A lot of hubbub has been going around about this new tablet that Apple was coming out with, but I am not so sure it is that different from things like the iphone and the ipod touch.  Although it does have a bigger screen and using it in the classroom would be better than using ipod touches.  For one thing, since the ipod touch costs between $299- $499 I really wouldn't mind paying $499 for the ipad in my classroom.  I think if would be a lot easier for the children to manipulate items and to view the content.

Anyway...it will be a while before we ever get one in our school, but in the meantime you can take a look at this video and find out more about the ipad.  Especially pay attention to the last part of the segment on ACU down in Texas.  I have a good friend down there that is part of the faculty.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

1 comment:

  1. I think the ipad looks really cool and really user friendly....I look at it being really simple for older people and younger people who may have trouble with other techonolgies to use with ease. Kids would love using this!
    ~Jessica Nigh

    ReplyDelete